A Place where I can keep in touch with all my online friends.
Some of my recent crochet projects
The WeatherPixie

MModern
YYum
TTechnological
HHelpful
UUnusual
NNoisy
DDelicious
EExplosive
RRich
BBouncy
IIntelligent
RRounded
DDevious

Name / Username:

Name Acronym Generator
From Go-Quiz.com

Sunday, September 17, 2006
howdy
been a while since i posted anything, sorry bout that, been busy and then i fell and smashed my face a bit, but am feeling better now , i have been busy crocheting to my little hearts content.finished the tote for my swap with aunt debbie and am almost done with the scarf. also am enjoying the secret pal swap.

the days have been so gloomy here. sunshine is a thing of the past around here. they are all gone and now fall weather has moved in.


last night i was sitting relaxing and i heard this bang bang bang on the door to the rec room, i opened it up and there was coast, standing on his back legs smacking the door with his head, he was lonely and cold, wanted someone to come in and visit with him And turn their little heater on, is amazing how spoiled my cats really are lol

found some new friends on the chat room at the fiber freaks board. very nice crochet forum with alot of new friends and several old ones. was nice chatting with them all


what have you all been up to, as i said i finished my tote, but don't want to post cause then she might see it lol, sounds like the one she made me is so awesome. i can't wait hehe

today went and bought hubby some new shoes, cost me a blooy fortune, 135.00 to be exact, but these boots are nice ones and since he is not going to be able to retire in the near future, then he needed good solid boots as he is on his feet all day long



i am debating wether or not to go to the fair, after what they did to lori my friend who makes the most awesome doily's, they only gave her honorabe mention and that was so unfair, i might have to work hard to not open my mouth if i do go, although i like to see the awesome work people do, oh well will decide some other time.


my birthday is fast approaching,amazingly enough i am going to be 50 years old, or is that young, its a wierd feeling being half a century old.

in 50 years so much has happened. so much more for my generation the baby boomers who have so much going for us, should be thankful that we are all able to be here and live with the changes, i remember when we got our fist television, i was 4 years old, my parents had little to no money so we just did not have a tv. i remember to this day how exciting it was to watch tv and see the adds and shows in black and white,

then came color a few years later for us.color tv had been around for a while but we didn't have it even though my dad had gotten a better job.. it was amazing to watch all of the shows in the 60's we didn't get to watch alot, we were kids and kids played outside alot, we didn't have video games or stereos in our rooms, cell phones, our own tv's, we had if we were lucky a small transistor radio, and it came with a tiny ear plug that you could barely hear out of it lol, i remember the first video game system
actually i have it its called pong, i also remember the times of unrest, when kennedy was elected president and when he was shot. i remember the 1st man on the moon and when martin luther king was assasinated also, good times and bad that was the turbelence of the 60's when the 70's came so did high oil prices, yet today i would dance a jig to have the high prices we had then as the ones we have now far outweigh the inflated prices, i remember sitting in line at the gas station and sometime splitting the time with hubby as we had 2 cars.well a car and a truck lol, and how mad people got when they had to wait to get 10 gallons of gas, thats what we were allowed

to me its just amazing to see how much things cost

i met my hubby while visiting my aunt and uncle and they lived right next door to him, and to this day we both can't believe how fast we fell in love. marriage is something i take a serious stand on, for myself, yet i have no opinions on others as they need to make their own decisions on wether or not to get married or even to stay that way. hubby and i have been married for over 27 years. can't believe how fast i have gotten old. is 50 old? some say yes, that when you are the one turning it like me, right now i can honestly say i feel old.

life gives us these challenges, right now my challenge is to deal with my back pain on a daily basis. it is getting worse yet they did all they could(the docs ) life moves on faster some days other days seems as if they will never end


today i worked on some comfortghan squares for gina, she has a special lady she wants to make a comfortghan for and i am glad to help,



well enough of my whining about getting old, i refuse to admit i am old, even thougn i already am , tomorrow is another day. god will help me make it through the day let alone another year.


i took my car down for emmisions , i hate that, its so unfair when someone lives out of town a ways, they don't have to worry about the emissioms even though they are overhalf of the reason the roads are as crowded as they are. work on the cross base highway is suppose to start sometime in the next century , that will help traffic to slow down


i saw on pac ave that there is going to be a light right on the street next to ours. wooohoooo hot dawg, we have needed a light there for years. thankfully it should help the traffic, o.k off my high horse now .


does anyone have anything really special they are going to make, i think i am going to try and do something free form, thinking possibly a sweater for my daugheter, or gasp maybe one for me, i can;t believe how old my kids are. amazing enough they both still live at home, my son says as soon as he gets a full position(please pray that he does very soon he is going to buy a house

and daughter is still at a loss as to what she wants to do with her life. so until she does and then does it i can almost guarentee she will live at home. thats alright, i make sure they help around the house which helps me
. well i am rambling on and its getting late, need to get off here and get some crocheting done before i head to bed. kari hon, am still praying for your family and especially your uncle sweetie. take care all of you dear friends, tomorrow is another day that never comes because tomorrow is never far away lol i know i am rambling, i promise i did not have anything to drink lol hehe, just am tired and i know your all probably snoozing now too, to all ofyou who are reading my words, i thank you, for all of you who post here , till the day of tomorrow god bless and keep you and hugs for you all, goodnight till tomorrow lol


2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Hun.
I hope you are recovering form your fall.
You've had a rough go lately.
Most of my projects for sale are on hold as I am making a copy of a doily the hubby's mom made him, once I get a pattern written down I will be making ones for his kids, so it's a important project. Also am hurriedly working on hats for my uncle, and a shawl for his girl who is staying by his side through this whole thing. I am pondering making a lapghan for my grandma.
I am sure your daughter will figure it all out, main thing is to encourage yet gently nudge.
Take care!

Blogger NewLifestyle said...

Yes Vicki, I am worried about you falling so much. I would get my docter to change my meds, thats for sure. You could really aggrivate that back a lot if you fall just right, let alone breaking a hip or something.

And Kari, if you need any squares made to help you with your Grandma's lapghan, give me a yell, I would love to make some squares for you :)

Post a Comment

<< Home