A Place where I can keep in touch with all my online friends.
Some of my recent crochet projects
The WeatherPixie

MModern
YYum
TTechnological
HHelpful
UUnusual
NNoisy
DDelicious
EExplosive
RRich
BBouncy
IIntelligent
RRounded
DDevious

Name / Username:

Name Acronym Generator
From Go-Quiz.com

Friday, September 01, 2006
where did the summer go
where did summer go i ask, hard to believe that it is september 1st, summer has come and gone once again for another year(unless your in australia or places due south.)

children around the world are moaning and groaning as the new school year begins. gone is the carefree days of summer where they could run around barefoot and play till dark, even catch fire flys.

gone are the days of wanting to go to the beach or river to relax after a long hot day at the office. gone are the carefree days of eating ice cream cones or having a grilled hot dog. gone but not forgotten.

soon the leaves will start changing soon, beautiful colors of gold and red and brinze.

soon the holidays will be upon us, but the one thing we can always count on, is that

summer once again will come around. once again 9 short months soon will flow back into

the dog days of summer. what did you do on your vacation?


what i did was a variety of things. first i started it out by wracking my leg and muscles up, tore a tendon and quite franly, screwed myself up by not watching where i was going

at the begining of june i decided that while my time was not i wanted to do something to help our armed service members keep happy and warm, what i decided to do is called helmet liners.


i made a goal to myself and others that i was would make 40 hats to help our brave warriors warm, to this date i have 34 made and soon will reach the
goal, now my question for myself is HOW DO I STOP !!!! i have gotten so i can make these babyes faster than you can say awww to a squirming baby.


so will keep you posted as far as my helmet liners go, i have had some help with a

few of them , 5 to be exact, tyhe rest i did myself, 3 made by a special friend , and another 2 by my buddy fran who lives in texas, when being told abut what i wanded to do, right away jumped and knitted 2 more.


i am also working on christmas presents as i sit here an type away lol

am almost done with a shrug for my oldedest niece. she loves her presnts she gets from me.

well is late and i am beat. till tomorow i bid ya all a great day ahead and a awesome night, happy crocheting my friends


3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I like Fall, I think I like spring and fall best, in spring the temps warming up and the trees come back to life and in fall the temps cool and the world is busy readying for winter all is crisp and fresh.

Blogger NewLifestyle said...

Hey Vicki, I agree.
And thanks for posting a link to my blog, store online and to the board. Wanted to tell you something.
We are now being noticed nore by Google...YAY.
But guess where most links daily are coming in to the board from?
Your blog....hmmmm, I am courious about that one.
still learning all this stuff, but am catching on really fast,
thanks to the phpbb support folks, they are really nice and helping me now in learning some of this old stuff a little faster

Blogger vicki said...

awesome kathy, glad to help a dear friend out. hope you make tons of money and also that people join the mania

Post a Comment

<< Home