A Place where I can keep in touch with all my online friends.
Some of my recent crochet projects
The WeatherPixie

MModern
YYum
TTechnological
HHelpful
UUnusual
NNoisy
DDelicious
EExplosive
RRich
BBouncy
IIntelligent
RRounded
DDevious

Name / Username:

Name Acronym Generator
From Go-Quiz.com

Thursday, December 14, 2006
what a day
omg today i had a horrible day. its not enough that we are going to be hammered tonight and tomorrow with nasty wind storm with wind gsts to over 70 mph. so today while knowing this was going to happen, i decide to go out to the store and stock up on the batterys and maybe get a few other items,. so i go to k-mart, no problem, then i go to the store while i am getting grocerys, this stupid old man decided that i "stole" his parking spot, i should be ashamed of myself blablabla, all because he wanted my handicap spot that i had waited on for over 10 min, he figured he would just chew me out. omgosh people make me sick. so now i have gotten my batteries and grocerys and decide i will stop at the po since i have a package i want to raok out and need to get it in the mail. well instead of going into the driveway of the post office, there has been so much rain that it looked like a small puddle but was actually a ditch filled with water. yes you got it, i drove into that blasted ditch. and of course was stuck, so now am freaking out thinking hubby is going to kill me since i do sometimes do stupid things, so i call the auto club, am on the phone with them for over a hour, in the mean time
i see police go by, i see fire department go by, lots of people lookie lookie lookie at the stupid woman. finally this very very kind man comes up to me and says mam, can i help you, i started crying, he probably thought i was nuts. but i had lost it, just lost it, then another guy came and tried to jack my car up but it was to stuck. i finally get ahead of the auto club, they say oh will be 2 hours, grrrrr this very nice young man in a 350 ford 4-wheel drive pickup with a tow rope, pulled me out, thanksfully no damage to car, and while i am and was shook up, i thank god it wasn;t worse.i thanked him profusly and tried to pay him he said merry christmas tonight this weather is scarying the crap out of me, the wind is picking up now
my kids are both at work
hubby is at dentist, and i need to clean the area away from our fireplace , but am to tired, is not much stuff anyways, just a couple things and dd's guitar. we are suppose to be hammer bad from this storm, they said will
it is going to be almost hurrican strength, thank god everyone should be home,. hopefully but its starting to come in and my dd dont get off until 10. please god don't let it hit till after that. i am soooo tired and worn out, i need a vacation, while this day has not been my worst it comes close, but it was made better by the kindness of strangers who without a thought knew i needed help and that they could do it. i wish i could tell them how much their kindness means to me,. today i felt awful anyways, this storm must be a bad one cause my bones are throbbing, my arthritis is so bad that i can't hardly stand it.,i need to get off here now cause i need to make some dinner for all of us so that even if the lights go out i can feed my family, sorry for the rant, but i needed to get it out of my system. all is well i guess other than we still face the storm, please pray for us and all of the people in the area, there has been so much bad things happen this year. we need more rain like we need to get stuck in a ditch (sticking tounge out)sorry to vent so bad, just am glad ya all care enough to read it hehehe. all is well that ends well, and car is fine, now to ride out this storm, only thing that bothers me is it is suppose to hit after midnight when we all will be sleeping. HA like i could. anyways if ya all would please think good thoughts for me and pray if you do i thank you. i need it right now. life tonight is stressful, i know its short term but its stressful anyways. thanks for listening to me (reading) god bless you all my friends. love ya all


3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

*hugs* Hope y'all are weathering the storm OK. Been thinking of you as I listen to the weather channel.

Your ditch story reminded me of our move to Kentucky, we moved right before rita was to hit texas (course it didnt go the path they were claiming which was right over where we were leaving from) we got to arkansas in a uhaul pulling a trailer with a van on it and the lady on the phone told me we could get into the lot of the hotel, well... no we got stuck. It was horrible for awhile but finally some guy comes running down and asked David if he would trust him for a bit and he moved the uhaul back out of the lot. We were both so grateful. He said he'd been helping people leave from the hurricanes so had been helping stuck people all weekend.
We had been tryign to back out for an hour and it took him 10 mins at the most lol.

But for the kindness of strangers. and every so often a stranger can renew faith in humanity.

Hang in there hopfully your storm will go away soon.

Blogger Unknown said...

Hope today is going a lot better for you and that your weekend just kepps on getting better and better and nothing but good vibes are all around you!

Blogger vicki said...

thank you both of you. today was muchbetter, only issue with the car was a tiny bit of water came in the door, but not bad and will dry eventually, if not by monday will take the wet vac out and clean it up good. lol now i just heard on the news, tomorrow may bring snow ackkkkkk not snow no more weather please, someone send me sunny weather please

Post a Comment

<< Home