A Place where I can keep in touch with all my online friends.
Some of my recent crochet projects
The WeatherPixie

MModern
YYum
TTechnological
HHelpful
UUnusual
NNoisy
DDelicious
EExplosive
RRich
BBouncy
IIntelligent
RRounded
DDevious

Name / Username:

Name Acronym Generator
From Go-Quiz.com

Wednesday, November 22, 2006
happy thanksgiving to you all
hi for a few, wanted to wish you all a happy healthy and safe thanksgiving. tomorrow is a day we sit down with family and friends if we can, others sometimes we can't but doesn't mean that we can't share a wish for a blessed holiday,

this year is sad for me, my first thanksgiving without my mom and my mil is so bad some days she can't even remember who we are. tomorrow we were going to just have ham, but both fil and mil threw such a fit that i said hec with it and bought a stupid turkey, they said how can it be thanksgiving without turkey, helloooooooo, the pilgrams ate more than turkey grrrrrrrrr. but then i thought to myself, what if its their last thanksgiving, is it really that hard for me to put a turkey in the oven (well yea it is but there will be someone who can do it) and why not give them something they want to eat. so off to the store i went, was going to buy a turkey breast and just cook that, but gosh they wanted 17 dollars for a turkey breast
and so i looked at the frozen ones and they were about 9.00 for a 13 pound one. so thats what i did , i had the meat manager pick one out for me and then lift it into the cart and then had the clerk lift it out and then a young man brought it out to my car. so anyways tomorrow as i cook that turkey i will be thinking of my family and how we always had so many for thanksgiving . i rememeber one year when i was about 10 that we had 35 people at grandmas house and she loved it. course my mom and aunt baked a seperate turkey and brought it too, and we enjoyed it alot,


well off that memory of the week, and on to my greetings for you lol

i hope that you have the best thanksgiving you can have. it might not be the one ya want but think of others who are not able to celebrate it. think of the men and women who are serving in the middle east and otehr places. and most of all, think of those who are less fortunet. to all of you my wonderful friends and family i wish you all the very best thanksgiving you can have, god bless and keep you, take care and if you drink please don't drive, or if you know someone who has to much to drink, offer to take them home and save a life.

adeu right now for all of you who are still reading this long post and god bless and keep you. love ya all my wonderful friends and family . ps. don't eat to much or you might look like a stuffed turkey lol goodnight for now


3 Comments:

Blogger Hilary said...

Hon, I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time this year. It's totally understandable that you'd be kind of depressed. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, though! *BIG hugz*

Blogger vicki said...

thanks sweetie, it went pretty well mil tonight actually was pretty good considering. which proves my point that she needs more social interaction. our dinner turned out extremely good if i do say so myself, turkey was nice and moist and ham was well baked(son baked that) and was not salty at all as some can be. the sweet potatoes were a huge hit with hubby and mil and fil . not much left there lol, we had the whole shebang, turkey, ham, mashed potatoes ,gravy, candied sweet potatoes, green peas, dressing, rolls, fresh veggie platter,you name it we had it and it was really good although i didnt eat that much, was just to tired and am now hungry so am going to be a midnight snacker and have a half a turkeyand cranberry sandwich. well with that happy little note love am off to raid the kitchen, please include my dear darling daughter in prayer as she has to work 18 1/2 hours tomorrow, then another 12 on sat and 10 more on sunday. so she will need prayers of strength and also comfort, and most importantly, she will be beat but it is her jobs., she is working at 2 different places and i am hoping the one store she is working at will hire her full time, she needs a full time job that will support herself so she can get out on her own too, well darling i hope ya had a awesome thanksgiving hugs for you sweetheart take care sweetie big hug

Blogger Hilary said...

I'm glad your TG went so well! I had a great one, too, although I didn't get that tofurkey I wanted. Have a great week!

Post a Comment

<< Home