A Place where I can keep in touch with all my online friends.
Some of my recent crochet projects
The WeatherPixie

MModern
YYum
TTechnological
HHelpful
UUnusual
NNoisy
DDelicious
EExplosive
RRich
BBouncy
IIntelligent
RRounded
DDevious

Name / Username:

Name Acronym Generator
From Go-Quiz.com

Sunday, March 19, 2006
rant in progress


i am so angry about what happened this last week. on wensday the last day i was able to get on to the net wensday night and all was well hursday night when i went to sign on, my computer would not letme, my son was convinced i had picked up a worm as theentire computer kept saying the same thing over and over. well then i checked my files , no problems with that. so needless to say was not a happy camper when i could not get in. well then i said fine maybe it will be fixed in the morning. got up signed on same damn thing happened, so i called aol to seeif maybe they had been having problems. well they were having alot of problems , seems that norton , the protection i had just bought, payed 90.00 for as i got the one that was the best. ect ect ect. seems it decided that when they did a automatic update, it shut my internet service off,. when i turned the worm protection off, could get into aol,. but i could not be with out the worm protection, obviously. i tried to reach syneticsthe parent company of norton, and they were not helpful at all. i told them what was happening and what my computer was trying to do to protect itself from itself.(see i had that one figured out fast enough) well when i first called i was told there was a software glitch and that how to fix it was to turn the worm protection off then go online and download the updates, which i did. k so you would think problem solved, turned the worm protection back on
bam locked out again, did this off and on all day trying to get someone to help me, aol was kind and gracious(even though it was not their fault they did try and help me,was sooo not their fault that this stupid virus/worm whole system, package i had just bought , would not let me in. once again i call norton, this time when asked why i was still calling (they keep track) i said well i was calling to find out why my computer was being shut down as far as internet . what i recieved from this company who caused this problem with their software causing a glitch in aol's service, was nothing short of appalling, i was and am still so mad at this company i will NEVER ever buy norton anything again. while they proclaim themselves in being the best virus protection out there, i disagree and i can tell you with first hand knowledge that their company sucks. the people were rude, granted they were getting a lot of calls, but when their patch did not work on my computer they should have told me what else to do. so basicly what i ended up doing was this. uninstalling norton from my laptop, stay off the net until i have protection, get pretection from another company which i did at the grand old total of 80.00. more money for the 1st one norton, but the fact was their software glitched my computer and i had to delete them from my computer as fast as i could and reinstall a better and much nicer software program. macafee is just as good and should the problem ariseble to any questions that they would be kind and gracious. i was so mad i wanted to smack the people at norton. now i am wondering if anyone else has had this problem

problem with that company, and to my suprise, yesterday at costco(as he was eyeballing their soft ware in the computer software aisle) this man was looking at norton products,
i told him basicly what had happened and wanted to warn him of what had happened to me, i was

then procedeed to be so shocked as this man told me that same thing had happened to him, and norton denied it,and that it had been 2 years ago.............................................................................

it reminds me of the social security association, you qualify, but if it decides it don't like you or your voice don't
sound like it is handicapped, buzzz your history


but thats another story for another post. needless to say, i certainly would not ever ever ever buy another syntec product , that includes all of their norton products. they should be ashamed of them selves, but what i really am mad about is how they treated me the customer. someone who had been a customer for years. well no more and should they ever feel the need to attempt to contact me due to my attempted service repair wih them i would certainly tell them what a crappy company they are. kay now this rant is offically over and on to better things


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear! How frustrating! I don't know what I would do without my techie husband, he generally takes care of all that nonsense. I always get the feeling that the phrase 'customer service' is an oxy-moron.
My husband uses McAfee for all our security needs and he researches thing pretty thoroughly. Good luck and I hope all you woes are solved. :)

Blogger Ruth said...

I feel your pain, and I too am very glad for a husband who can fix my computer. I know that he hates Norton, and we use a free edition of AVG. It works great, and it does not interfere with the workings of our computer. I hope you get everything worked out. (I came here to see something that you had talked about on Crochetville, and then I ended up reading this post. :)

Blogger NewLifestyle said...

It did on my Norton also.
That is why I had to do the destructive recory thing 4 weeks ago. They use to be good--now I wonder.

Post a Comment

<< Home