A Place where I can keep in touch with all my online friends.
Some of my recent crochet projects
The WeatherPixie

MModern
YYum
TTechnological
HHelpful
UUnusual
NNoisy
DDelicious
EExplosive
RRich
BBouncy
IIntelligent
RRounded
DDevious

Name / Username:

Name Acronym Generator
From Go-Quiz.com

Wednesday, March 08, 2006
what a day
well today was interesting to say the least. it started off when my lil sis called me and gave me her new phone number, seems like our creepy uncle has been bugging her. so she finally said screw it and got a new number. i went to lowes today to see about the prices for some metal garages. not to bad so now have to decide do we spend the money or what should we do. me i vote spend the money cause hubby said if this works out with a little one, then when we can afford it we will get a bigger one and make the smaller one into a craft store for me. we are zoned commercial here anyways so i can legal have a place of business. how cool would that be.

today got some awesome soap from deneen. she sells it and i got 3 nice sized bars for 10.50 and that included shipping. the money is headed your way deneen. thanks my friend.

went to the dentist then this after noon, seems the temperary filling he put in decided to head south and broke away, and since it was a front tooth i sure as heck did not want it to show lol

so now thats all done, been crocheting alot too trying to get the comfort ghan squares made for all the people i offered to make them for. gosh i think i have made enough to make at least 4 of my own lol, but its such a awesome way to share your love and concern and it so makes a difference in their lives, when my brother had a brain tumor i made him the sofest ghan i could and he said it sooo made the difference. thats why i am doing one for michael for his stomach cancer, he starts chemo next week so have to get that done and sent express, damn thats going to cost me a pretty bundle. oh well its only money

speaking of money
today i thought i would play the scratch lottery tickets, i do them now and again, not on a steady thing or anything, but for some reason i chose today to do iut, i bought a 5.00 ticket and as i was scratching the numbers off i was in total amazment. first there was a 2.00 win, then a 5.00, then a 10.00 another 2. then the big one. a 40.00 one. hotdog, made me a little money today hehehehe of course i am going to save that since i have a ton of things that i need to pay soon like house taxes and what not. :-{. well i finished the squares for tandy for teresa's brothers ghan he is going to auction off and donate the money to diabeties research as i am going to donate the 15% of the hat sales to cancer research. i know there is a clue out there to heal these awful diseases. and some day will find it and many people will be healed.

well am getting tired and need to finish this last square then check at the forum to see who else i told i would make squares and what sizes and colors. i seriously doubt i will post much of anything there anymoe, i feel betrayed, i thought i had found a place where most people were kind and not rude as most of the ones on the web have turned out to be, but alas, i was wrong and for those of you who don't know what i am talking about. well its as simple as this. we have been spyed upon while we are in chat talking about the things we thought were private. how sad it has become because of a small select few who try their damndest to make problems for people. so i will not get to chat with new people, who can ya trust that is not a spy, i won't get to make new friends. how do i know they are not there to cause problems see what i mean. i refuse to be a part of that . i will do my swaps as i signed up for them but i doubt i will do much more on there as i don't feel like i am a part of the place it use to be, when i joined this forum people were nice, they cared, and now its like no one gives a damn about anyones feelings. there are some who say what they feel and who cares if it hurts others, but then if someone says something about them that they don't like well its like this we get spied upon. so not worth the stress and hassle. i think from now on i am going to cut my computer time down to make more things crocheted. i need to make some money soon and i think if i can sell some stuff that might make me feel better about life and how unfair it is sometimes. i hope all of you will keep in touch with me and e-mail me so i can give you my messenger info and we can chat there, which ever one you prefer, i have aol, yahoo and msn. so pick a place and lets get talking without sensorship or people being snoopy, its their site and they have the right i guess, personally i think its against my 1st ammendment rights to the right of free speech. till tomorrow my dear and true friends . i bid you a awesome good night and we can chat tomorrow on any of the above messingers. e-mail me and i will tell you all the info there. hugggggs love ya all and god bless ya all


11 Comments:

Blogger NewLifestyle said...

Dang, I had written a book and lost it before I could get it published. Here goes again---LOL.
You preach it sister. Know one ever has the right to easedrop on your private IM chat---just ask the FCC.
I wonder what they thought the other night when I told them I could tell they were there?
Thanks to my snoop here, we seen an invisable party in chat---the forum spy if you will. BUT, when you go of off the main chat room to a private chat box with someone, that is NO BODY"S BUSINESS!!!!!! Let alone the main chat room---which is still private too not be easedropped on. We need not Wonder what they thought after we read the NEW RULES. They don't easedrop, unless they think they should---BULL SHIT---That is just to convenient for them. We were not saying a thing in the main that would cause an easedrop to go on in the private chat---IS A CROCK----they darn well know it too. Get down from my soap box--lol.
Love ya woman---send me your info---I will chat with you anywhere, anytime :-)

Blogger none said...

All the Chat conversations are sent to the Administrators of the forum. I would say most of the time they are not read because, heck who has time to read Chat scripts. However, I suppose if someone had a problem with something that was being said, there is a record of it.

The rules that were posted in Crochetville were put there to help stop people from being so mean and argumentive to each other.

True that it is weird to know your conversation isn't private. However, it isn't a private message board. Also, it isn't right to talk about people negatively, even if they did so first. It just leads to trouble.

There is too much defensiveness and offensiveness that is going on and I think people just need to let things go and crochet more and talk about crochet more and stay away from the conversations that bring out the offense and defense.

Vicki, you have been through a lot lately and I think you deserve some time of just peace and not drama. Maybe not coming to Crochetville for a few days or weeks even will be a good thing. You will still have friends out in the online world.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Vicki! About the pic of my dog Happy: My dog's groomer took that picture. She decided to go into the pet photography business and took pics of all her client's dogs after their grooming. Isn't she amazing! All the pet pics came out fabulous! She said she got their attention with meat. LoL!
I think she did all the editing with Photoshop. All the background and effects are put in. Otherwise, the pics were taken on the floor of the shop which doesn't look anything like the picture! I wish I knew Photoshop well. She did an awesome job. :)

About the forum: Man, there's some nasty stuff going on over there! I've not come in contact with much of it but was dissed by one of the big offenders one time. That really steamed my broccoli but I just deleted my post and didn't engage in any rude behavior. You just can't change some people no matter what. I can see why there are the new rules.
The bummer is that the rules are needed at all and that nice people like you have an unpleasant experience as a result. Why, oh why, can't people behave themselves in the first place? Well, I said it the other day, I chalk it up to immaturity and insecurity. Unfortunately, people like that feel that the anonymity of the internet is an excuse to act like a troll. It's just not right.
When I'm at the forum, I tend to stay in the CALs where it's always safe and friendly. I'll just be a part of the friendly majority hoping that courtesy will be contageous and give no attention to rude behavior.
Right now, I probably wouldn't recommend the forum to newbies, I'd be embarrassed. Hopefully, things will blow over and calm down. In the meantime, there's always blogging, crochet and AIM!
Hugs for you, have a good one!

Blogger Shar said...

I do believe you need to talk to an administrator to get your facts correct. NO ONE has the ability to spy on the chat, it is just not possible. But the mods CAN read a transcript.

Blogger Lani said...

Please, ya'll, I'm sorry, but do you really think the board admins at C'ville have nothing better to do than to sit invisible and spy on your chat sessions, even assuming that was possible? They've been very honest about the fact that chat sessions are logged, and I would assume that's for their protection -- all you have to do is look at some of the things that go on over the internet to know that some very bad things can happen, even on seemingly innocent sites. They've also stated that those chat logs aren't read unless there is a complaint about them. I don't know what has happened that has led you to distrust Tiffany, Julie and Donna; I certainly haven't seen anything shady about any of them, and I don't know why you are badmouthing them here.

Honestly I'm not sure where this burst of paranoia came from, this assumption that everyone is out to get ya'll. Both of you (Kathy and Vicki) seem to me to be valued members of Crochetville. No, everyone doesn't always agree with you; but then, you don't always agree with everyone else either. That's fine. That's GOOD. How boring would the world be if nobody ever had differing opinions? Why can't everyone just leave it at that, instead of trying to make it into some huge conspiracy theory? :( Seriously, ya'll ... take a deep breath and calm down? Instead of escalating things, try to get C'ville back the way it was without all the drama?

But -- if you're truly convinced that some nefarious 'they' are out to get you -- think about this. Instant messenger services like Yahoo and AIM, and their chat servers, are actually easier to hack (and far more commonly hacked) than message board chats like Crochetville has. For that matter, so are telephone lines. The only way you can truly be private is to go to an isolated spot and hold your conversation in person -- and even then highpowered directional mics could pick it up ;)

Blogger NewLifestyle said...

I am sorry to have said what I did here the other night but I was upset and I think that anyone would have felt the same as I did. And I was going on what my son showed me that night. Somehow he knew how to detect a secrect viewer, and he is who told me that the head count in the chat room was one more than was visable---an no, we did not talk about anyone in the main room---we started to share there, but we went to private---we were having a private (seperate box) chat. ---the new rules were posted the next day after we had our chat in our private one on one chat box---Know one else could know what our chat was, and yes, I was pissed about a thread that was hijacked and there was no reason for it---and I was sharing my feelings on it---supposedly in private. And I do not have it in for anyone-----don't post something that is not so because I don't. If you will, go to the thread that I had posted just before that one you will see that for yourself--------I wish I had never trusted in some I have met there, and I so enjoy the majority I have come to know---And I am staying.

Blogger NewLifestyle said...

One more thing I forgot to mention. As for post of my thoughts, or opinions on anything at the forum,---I am not posting anymore. Just doesn't seem worth it. And it's not just me that feel this way now, there a more that just do not voice it. I see this all the time there and at other blogs and it IS the soap opera (drama). I do not want to be a part of such anymore.
If the Admin has the right, then the have the right, it is their forum and their chat. I will not falt them. Just that which brought it to that point that they might feel the need to do so---that I falt.

Blogger vicki said...

hmmm thats odd, i don't remember asking either of you your opinion. this is My space, in MY blog. sue, wendy granny, this comment is not directed towards any of you, what i find interesting is why you others care what i think, this is my opinion. right or wrong, i never named names about anything, why do you care how i feel. i am sure its not cause ya all love me so much. its my opinion that states how i feel about the mods having a reason to read them, if this had been posted before when people joined , then it would not have mattered', but the point is, we were not told that the mods could and do read what we wrote in chat, especially when it is a private chat. so thats why i very seldom will go there much, i just find it offensive to have my personal feelings invaded and read by others. i am sure the mods are busy, i really don't recall being pissed at them, its the fact that they have to read my private chat i am having with someone else. thats where i have a problem
there thats my opinion too.

Blogger Jimbo said...

Hi Vicki!
Looks like this isn't a good topic to be posting in, cause i don't know what's going on. Just that I've been trying to contact you by pm and email... but no answer, so i'll try here in your blog. First time i've checked it out. You do nice work, kid-0!
Ok... totally different and hopefully happier subject. I carved a hook, sort of, out of your willow! Its totally unique. A hook at either end! Big one at one end and a little one at the other.
I'd been trying to whittle one right, and i've gone through a fair number of your sticks.. but there's some really soft pith in the centers. I finally almost gave up on one and decided instead of cutting the end off, i'd just carve another hook there since the shape seemed to be amenable.
Well, it ain't purty, but was more of an experiment to see if the soft core of the willow would let me finish a usable hook. The jury's still out, but i'm finding that the finish i use might be able to harden the soft pith and just maybe we'll end up with a useful hook.
I'll send it to you anyway and you can play with it a bit, and i'll try the other sticks and see if i can make one where the pith won't be in the way.
Anyway that's where we're at for now. I've been working steady for the last 7 days so haven't had time to whittle much, although i was able to ship off a half dozen hooks or so today. Shoulda sent yours but didn't cause I wasn't happy with it. But NOW i've decided i'll let you be the one to judge that, so i'll send it along when i get a chance (work tomorrow too).
So here's hoping all's well and you're making more gorgous ponchos and such.
Hugs!
Jimbo

Blogger vicki said...

thank you jimbo, i can not wait to get it, i am not sure why your e-mails and pm's are not getting through. i am sorry you were not able to contact me. is odd cause io seldom have a full box much anymore, but will be extra careful now to make sure it is not full. but as i told you in my e-mail i was having internet connection problems due to nortons messing up my computer. those heifers lol, anyways have new and better anti-virus software and its working great. cannot wait to get my hook, or i should say hooks as there are 2 of them on there, what a wonderful idea, i love it, will also send more small pieces of branchs and if they work out for you great,. you can use them to offer a willow hook to someone. i am so happy you are able to make it work for me. i will also be sending lilac wood as i have a few of those. i just want 1 hook out of it and the rest of the wood is yours to do as you please. thanks again for being such a great friend. hugggs

Blogger vicki said...

thank you jimbo, i can not wait to get it, i am not sure why your e-mails and pm's are not getting through. i am sorry you were not able to contact me. is odd cause io seldom have a full box much anymore, but will be extra careful now to make sure it is not full. but as i told you in my e-mail i was having internet connection problems due to nortons messing up my computer. those heifers lol, anyways have new and better anti-virus software and its working great. cannot wait to get my hook, or i should say hooks as there are 2 of them on there, what a wonderful idea, i love it, will also send more small pieces of branchs and if they work out for you great,. you can use them to offer a willow hook to someone. i am so happy you are able to make it work for me. i will also be sending lilac wood as i have a few of those. i just want 1 hook out of it and the rest of the wood is yours to do as you please. thanks again for being such a great friend. hugggs

Post a Comment

<< Home