A Place where I can keep in touch with all my online friends.
Some of my recent crochet projects
The WeatherPixie

MModern
YYum
TTechnological
HHelpful
UUnusual
NNoisy
DDelicious
EExplosive
RRich
BBouncy
IIntelligent
RRounded
DDevious

Name / Username:

Name Acronym Generator
From Go-Quiz.com

Monday, December 19, 2005
my nephew the con artist lol

yesterday, my hubby dd and i went to my lil sis's house to have our christmas with them. our family is so big that it is darn near impossible to have everyone together. well anyways i was sitting in her recliner crocheting(i take my crochet everywhere) well i was making another chenille scarf as i wanted to give it to my oldest niece, as she was eyeing her mothers that i made her and gave her for christmas, but i had not told anyone why i was making it
well sammy my 4 almost 5 year old nephew looks at his mom and says can you make me a scarf for katie
and my sis says
no i don't know how to crochet, sam looks at me, says she does, can SHE make me a scarf for katie? my lil sis says i don't know, i think it is for someone who bought it from her, sam goes does she sell them(i am sitting there listening but not saying anything mind you ) and then he looks at me, and says auntie vicki, i said yes sam? he says do you sell those scarfs? i said yes i do, he says how much? i said 15.00 he goes i don't have that much and i have to have a present for katie(his big sis) i said well what are you going to buy her, he says can we make a deal? i said make a deal? what kind of deal are we talking here sam, he goes well i can pay you 500.00 when i get my wallet out of the car(which big sis had) i said well no thats way to much money, how about less, he goes how much less, i said what ya got, he says a nickel, i said a nickel? hmmm, well how about a nickel and a hug and kiss for auntie, he ponders over it for a while
and said you got a deal, and comes give me a hug, but no kiss. mind you he is 4 going on 40 i swear(actually he will be 5 come new years day) so i mentioned to him, that if he was going to keep his end of the bargain i still needed that kiss on the cheek, he looks at me and says do i gotta, i said well that was the "deal" so he sighs and walks as slow as he can and gives me another hug and a kiss on the cheek so he got a nice chenille scarf for his big sissy for 5 cents and a hug and kiss, i about died laughing he said can we make a deal? was so funny out of the mouth of babes LOL, we did have a wonderful time though, was in some ways sad as i have a horrible feeling is going to be my moms last christmas here on earth. she looks so worn and just well ,she is not doing good. her heart is so bad she gasps for air. made me cry all the way home and my family lives about 1 1/2 hours from here. i made mom a beautiful green chenille scarf. she loved it and wore it all day, also bought her some of her favorite perfume, i am the only one who spends the kind of money for the perfume she loves and feel very blessed to have been able to. course i got it on sale, heck i get everything on sale.lol. well i am off to bed as i have to go to the dentist tomorrow if the roads are not slick from freezing rain. oh the joys of living in washington state, last night the temps were 13 degrees, tonight is warmer, but sure don't feel like it. there i a dampness in the air tonight which of course makes my arthritis much worse along with my back pain. am sooooooooooooo looking forward to spring and summer. this weather is to hard to deal with, and if i did not have to live here because of my doctors and my meds(which i would not get if my doc was a different one, heck i fought long enough to get what i have as it is, but otherwise i would be in sunny somewhere LOL lol LOL, hugggs to you all and merry christmas or happy holidays whatever you celebrate.:)


0 Comments: