A Place where I can keep in touch with all my online friends.
Some of my recent crochet projects
The WeatherPixie

MModern
YYum
TTechnological
HHelpful
UUnusual
NNoisy
DDelicious
EExplosive
RRich
BBouncy
IIntelligent
RRounded
DDevious

Name / Username:

Name Acronym Generator
From Go-Quiz.com

Friday, October 20, 2006
fridays thoughts
today as it happens once a week is friday hehe, i have never been so glad to see the end of the week come at all. its been one of those weeks. but not all was bad, i recieved some truly awesome things in the mail, first i have to let you all know what my fellow blogger(i suck at blogging, she usually ends up fixing it for me) trish did for me, her mom was kind enough to give me a walking stick that she had gotten at a powwow and it has a hand carved buffalo on it. it truly is one of the most awesome things someone has ever given to me, while this alone would truly have been enough, trish decided that she needed the walking stick to be protected so she stuffed the box with yarn , yes yarn yipeeeeeeeee, currently i am crocheting with this awesome 50% mohair and 50% acrylic. this yarn is so yummy i am having a hard time not wanting to just run my fingers through it , the name of it is bucilla melody and can be machine washed. i wonder if my lil sis as i call her would like a scarf made out of it. hehehe, shhhh don't tell her lol inside this gigantic box is so much yarn i don't know where i am going to put it all. my hubby has told me that if it is not out of the dining room by december, no christmas treem talk about pressure. i am trying to take pics of the yarn i want to sell but my camera keeps eating the way it was not sure, i will attempt to post some in a few min to see if anyone is interested. thanks so much for looking if ya do, you can contact me and i can then figure out how much shipping will be. the second awesome thing that happened to me was i got a box from my secret holiday pal at the mania i was not sure who she was. but she left me totally speechless. i recieved awesome things from her,m first off i recived this beautiful pen set. is lovely has 2 differnt size pens in it as well as a heart key chain. she also made me some lovely coasters she also sent me some lorna dunes how did you know i loved them that much, ate half the box last night lol also she gave me 2 chocolate bars which i did share lol, also she sent me a beading tool for me to use with my clay, and she also (talk about generous) bought me the disney princess afghan book, something i have been wanting forever. woohooo she also sent me some black chenille from lions brand. very nice stuff :D she also sent me this beautiful charm bracelet in christmas charms, very very pretty :) also yes there is more see what i mean she sent me a pad and pen set(differnt from the other one)and last but not least, she sent me some yummmy smelling potpourie. girl you made my week i am just thilled with everything you have sent me,

lately i have been feeling very stressed, not sure why except i feel like crud. my back and the fall cold and damp weather just don't get along together, i feel as my daddy would say i have arthur itis mr itus seems to not mind when called by his first name but he does take time to jump right in. i always laughed when my daddy
called it that. i sure miss him and my mom, this time of year we all start thinking about the holidays and how we will celebrate and with whom, most of you i am sure probably still have your parents at least, maybe lucky enough to have your grandparents.


i remember most of the christmas's as i grew up, but one precious moment sticks well in my mind. it was in the mid 60's i would say probably about 1967 when having a bike was the "in" thing to have. we didn't have alot and there are 5 kids to deal with too so asking santa for a big present was the only way to get anything. one year my dad had asked us to wrapped up these huge boxes, we asked him
daddy whats in this, he whispered shhhhhhhh your mom might hear, so we immediatly thought it was for mom, come christmas eve(is when we always opened presents) we all had out gifts given to us and then just as we figured that mom would open her gifts( daddy had told us that he made her a coffee table and end tables to match, he was a awesome gifted woodworker) and the tags had my sisters and brothers name on it along with mine, so when we opened them we thought mom would be so suprised, so when we opened them we about fell over because inside the boxes were stingray bikes, we were in 7th heaven, another time i remember my dad playing all these silly tricks on grandpa, this one year, he had arranged to buy for my grandpa a rare nickel gramps had been eyeing, well of course how could he just wrap a nickle that would give him to much of a idea, nope daddy went and found a small fur lined toilet(gag gift)i think he found it in some catalouge or something, but what daddy did, was get this HUGE box and placed this fur lined potty in it, inside he wrapped toilet paper up and down and all around, anywhere he could stack it roll it stuff it he did, and inside the fur lined potty he wrapped the nickle up and put it deep into the toilet bowl, then closed the lid, put it in the deep box and stuff it full completely with tp, come christmas when we went to the grandmas house for gifts we all opened our gifts and there was one left under the tree, grandpas, so dad passed it over to him and sat back with a smirk on his face and camera ready,. when he opened that up i thought he was going to die from laughter, and you know what gramps did? yep you got it he rerolled all the tp and used it later for what it was intended.. if you have some awesome stories to tell, be it sad happy silly like mine , or just plain special for you please tell us all about it. this christmas is going to be hard for me, it will be the last time i saw my mom alive. she was literely thrilled since she had all her kids together one last time. so mom and dad, grandparents i love and miss you all, you too the rest of the family hugs to you all, now am off to bed as i am just plain worn out, god bless and keep you all and remember treat another as you want to be treated. hugs all around hehe, can't believe how tired i am and how long this wee has been, but because of my dear friends and family(yes i consider trish my sis) take care and good night and god bless :)


0 Comments: